Who agrees pancakes are the perfect weekend breakfast? Especially if they are healthy and easy to make – this must be one of the easiest recipes for pancakes you will ever see. And the best part – they are made with wholesome ingredients and packed with nutrients. Pretty much the perfect breakfast, if you ask me.
There are only 3 main ingredients to make the pancake batter. Just blend together oats, ripe banana and plant-based milk and you are done! I added a teaspoon of ground cinnamon for some extra flavor and because of its benefits, but you can easily skip it, if you prefer it that way.
HOH tip: The riper the banana, the better. It helps the batter to be smoother and the pancakes to be sweeter.
To make the pancakes a little more fun I made easy blueberry sauce to go with them. That being said, this truly is a recipe that you just can’t say no to!
If you decide to try this recipe, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below! You can also follow me on Instagram @health.over.heels for extra meal ideas and health tips.
EASY HEALTHY VEGAN PANCAKES WITH BLUEBERRY SAUCE
- 1 cup oats
- 1 large ripe banana (or two small ones)
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Place frozen blueberries in a saucepan and cook them over a medium heat. Stir occasionally.
- In the meantime mix oats, banana, plant-based milk and cinnamon in a blender and blend for about a minute, until smooth. If the batter seems to thick, add some more plant-based milk or water.
- Put coconut oil in a heated frying pan so it melts.
- Cook pancakes in a pan over a medium heat, about 1 minute on each side.
- Serve pancakes with the blueberry sauce.