Veggie soup – the perfect food for winter weather. So cosy, warm and delicious!
A recipe full of vitamins, minerals, healthy carbs + proteins + fats. The best part about it – you can make a big batch and have your lunch or dinner sorted out for the next couple of days.
Here are all the ingredients you’ll need:
Just look at all these colors! Oh, there’s nothing better than colorful food, because different colors mean different nutrients. #eattherainbow
WINTER VEGGIE SOUP
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 4 potatoes
- 1/2 cup green lentils (soaked overnight)
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 can tomato chunks
- 1 can coconut milk (full fat)
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried chives
- 3 bay leaves
- salt + black pepper to taste
- In a large pot sauté chopped onion (with a pinch of salt) and garlic on some coconut oil.
- After 2 minutes add carrots, bell pepper and potatoes. Sauté another 5 minutes.
- Finally, add lentils, tomato chunks, coconut milk, bay leaves, oregano and chives.
- Stir and add about 1L-1,5L of water (to cover all the veggies).
- Bring to a boil, then cover the pot with a lid and lower the heat.
- Cook on low to medium heat for about 45 minutes or until the veggies become soft.
- At the end sprinkle some roasted pumpkin seeds on top and enjoy.