Food is such a powerful tool when it comes to being healthy and happy. Fresh, colorful, nutrient-dense food full of vitamins and minerals will make sure our cells have all the nutrients needed for their regeneration – keep in mind our cells are regenerating themselves all the time!
This is why it’s so important to have nutritious breakfast like oatmeal porridge. Top it with berries, seeds and nuts, and you’ll have a delicious, wholesome meal to start your day with.
CREAMY OATMEAL PORRIDGE WITH WARM BERRIES
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1,5 cups water
- 1/2 mashed or chopped banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp pure vanilla bean powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- mixed warm berries
- sunflower seeds
- hemp seeds
- Brazil nuts
- Place all the oatmeal ingredients in a medium sized saucepan and cook on low to medium heat until oatmeal becomes creamy. If you like your oatmeal to be extra thick, add less water and vice versa.
- In the mean time, place mixed berries with 2 spoons of water in a separate saucepan and cook them over a medium heat (for about 3-5 minutes), until they become soft and warm.
- At the end, top oatmeal with warm berries and other toppings and enjoy.