This amazing one-pot risotto is such a delicious option if you want your lunch or dinner to be quick yet nourishing to your body.
PLANT-BASED QUINOA AND AMARANTH RISOTTO
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 carrot (big)
- 2 cups frozen mixed veggies
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 can coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 can tomato chunks
- 1 cup quinoa (raw)
- 1/2 cup amaranth (raw)
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp dry basil
- salt+ black pepper to taste
- 0,5 liter water
- fresh parsley
- pumpkin seeds
- In a large pot sauté onion and garlic with a pinch of salt on some coconut oil.
- After few minutes add chopped carrot, chickpeas and frozen mixed veggies.
- Then add tomato chunks, coconut milk and water.
- Add all the spices and cover the pot with a lid.
- Cook on medium heat cca 30 minutes or until all the veggies are soft and cooked.
- Serve with fresh parsley and pumpkin seeds.