One pot, 15 minutes and plenty of veggies. So easy to make, yet so delicious, satisfying and nourishing. It goes perfectly together with rice, quinoa, mashed or roasted potatoes. But I have to admit it’s perfect on its own too!
Here are all the needed ingredients:
SWEET POTATO AND CHICKPEA STEW
- 2 onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 broccoli
- 1 can tomato chunks
- 1/3 cup amaranth
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- salt + pepper to taste
- Place onion, coconut oil and a pinch of salt in a large pot and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add the rest of ingredients (except parsley) and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and cook on medium heat for about 30-40 minutes.
- At the end, add chopped fresh parsley and enjoy.