When in doubt – make some soup! This delicious combination of veggies and barley is so satisfying, you won’t regret making it. I love making a big batch of it and have my lunch or dinner sorted out for another few days.
All you will need is:
VEGGIE BARLEY SOUP
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup barley
- 1 can beans
- 4 potatoes (medium)
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 1 cup green beans (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 broccoli (chopped into smaller pieces)
- 3 bay leaves
- salt + pepper to taste
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 handful fresh parsley (chopped)
- Place onions + a little bit of salt in a large pot with some coconut oil and sauté until onions become translucent.
- Add garlic and carrots and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Add the rest of ingredients (except spinach and parsley) and cover them with water.
- Cover with a lid, bring to a boil, then lower the heat to low-medium.
- Cook for about 45 minutes.
- When cooked, add baby spinach and serve with parsley on top.