One of my favorite ways to prepare sweet potatoes is to bake them in the oven and then stuff them with veggie quinoa mix. Served with greens on the side, this makes such a wholesome meal, nourishing to your body and satisfying for your taste buds.
Here is a list of the ingredients, you’ll need to prepare this recipe:
VEGGIE QUINOA STUFFED SWEET POTATO
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 1 can beans
- 5 tbsp coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- dried basil + dried dill
- cayenne pepper + ginger powder + smoked paprika
- salt + pepper
- red cabbage
- coconut yogurt
- sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (374°F).
- Wash and scrub potatoes. Pat them dry. Prick the outsides all over with the tines of a fork. Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 50 min – 1 hour, depending on their size. Stop baking, when they are tender enough that a fork slides in and out easily. Remove from oven and let them cool for few minutes.
- In the mean time, prepare stuffing: Mix all the stuffing ingredients together in a pot and cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Slice sweet potatoes in half, and lightly fluff the insides to make space for the stuffing.
- Fill potatoes with stuffing and top them with red cabbage, coconut yogurt and sunflower seeds.
- Serve with greens on the side.